To equip practitioners with the knowledge and skills to fully explore relationships and behaviours within families to create a quality assessment. By utilising the family Genogram, practitioners will have access to a definitive map of the client’s inner journey which can result in a quality intervention and uncover the patterns of behaviour and intergenerational abuse.
- Improve participation between the client and the practitioner
- Assist both the parent and the practitioner to identify the patterns of behaviour and address the underlying issues
- To assess the current support networks, the influences on personal development and interpersonal relationships which need improvement.
- To consider the impact of parenting styles and Social Graces when exploring family functioning
- Support families to overcome resistance when they can identify the connections between historical family members.
- Increase opportunities to use professional curiosity and probing skills
- To assess if the child has adequate support from extended family and to identify positive relationships
- To identify family members who may be a risk to the child.
- To support the family, identify current behaviour’s which act as triggers or support active use.